Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Hump Day...but not for Bubba

Happy Wednesday! Pretty quiet in the Fox Den today...Collins is in her high chair, pretty content with gumming down some graham crackers (aka the most amazing snack ever) and making a huge mess all over her face. Bubba is upstairs, hiding under the bed, surely licking the wounds from his overdue neutering today.

I was all for having him neutered when we got him two years ago. But Clayton didn't want to shell out the $150, and thought maybe we would "stud him out." Sounds a little sketchy, but okay. Well we never studded him out, because the little guy has a sexual appetite that rivals Bret Michaels - and if you give a moose a muffin...we all know the story. I didn't want to create a deviant, so we decided not to whore him out - I mean stud him out. I just feel like a mean person. I feel like too much time has passed, and now it's just evil to do that to him. I asked Clayton, "Would YOU want to get neutered?" (Crickets...) "No, seriously, do you want to get neutered - or whatever they call it?"

The subject was quickly changed. I think I'm too sympathetic to the plight of animals. Not that I have ever (purposely) slept in a kennel, or (purposely) eaten my own poop, or (purposely) humped a teddy bear...okay I think the correct term is empathetic. I just hate when Sarah McLachlan starts singing that depressing song and then you see the pictures of abused and neglected animals. It breaks my tender little heart.

Ah. The lump in my throat. It burns.

Speaking of burning, I wonder where Joe Paterno is. I am not sure I believe that ignorance and stupidity buys you a straight ticket to Hell, but it may cost you a couple more lifetimes in Purgatory. However, I do hope that God was taking note of all the RIP JoePa statuses on Facebook - maybe that will speed him up in line at the Golden Arches.

But seriously though, Purgatory would be a great name for a bar. Or detox.

**Addendum: It was just brought to my attention that the Golden Arches is McDonald's. I mistook Golden Arches for Pearly Gates......or did I? Think on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment