Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Appropriate Isn't Exactly My Middle Name, but...

...is it inappropriate for a married mom with a college degree to be a bartender at a dive to have some extra cash? I'm trying to get life set up so that I can started teaching and working towards my restricted teaching license, so that I can teach high school business, coach cheer, do something that makes a difference for someone. Sometimes I feel like I'm going to lose my mind being a stay-at-home mom, which makes me feel unbelievable selfish. But I talk to one human being all day, and she isn't old enough to talk back. Anyways, the program doesn't start until July, at which time I have to secure a teaching position and take a few online classes. Once I get that done, if I take 15 more credits I'll earn my Masters.

In the meantime, the budget we have doesn't really allow much freedom. Like, I could not go to Nordstrom and buy a pair of jeans on a random Tuesday without having to check first. And when Old Blue bites the dust, which will be sooner than later, I won't be able to go buy a car...or even take on a car payment until we pay off the Camry. We are NOT credit card people...Clayton uses it but he pays it off in full every month - and I am certainly not comfortable with having any kind of credit card. I had a meltdown and started crying to my mom because I racked up $123 on my Gap card and had no idea where I was going to come up with $123 without Clayton knowing. He doesn't have the most realistic idea of how much clothes cost. I don't have the most realistic idea of how long it takes to make the money used to purchase the clothes. I'm more of a Dave Ramsey cash kinda girl.

Why can't I just be rich? Why couldn't I have been born into a Southern old-money family? With a house on a plantation and peach trees and servants and hundred dollar bills to wipe my ass?

It could be worse. Right? I mean, I could be like a girl I know who uses food stamps to buy Red Bull instead of food for her three illegitimate children.

Anyways, onto something else. Can I just say right now how much I despise people who think they are better/cooler/more entitled than me? Because we all know I am the coolest, most entitled person ever and I deserve everything. I'm KIDDING.  I'm actually referring to one person in partick, who I don't actually see often anymore but used to see allllll the time. I used to dig this individual's sense of humor because I thought it was a lot like mine: blunt, somewhat snarky sometimes, sarcastic, but good-natured. But now I hope it's not like mine. Like, at all. Because now I think this person has crossed the line, to be callous, mean-spirited, and basically a total effing b. And I certainly did not appreciate the bitchy attitude this weekend. Oh well - it's not like we were total besties to begin with - more like convenience friends. Ya know where you have lots of mutual friends but really don't care a whole lot to be close with the person?

I have way too much going on in my life to give a damn what someone lame like that thinks anyways, I just think it's funny how you think you know someone sometimes, and then they turn out to be so polarizing. Actually I think it's sad!

Anyways, is it inappropriate for a married mom to work nights at a freakin dive bar where all our married KC friends go for beers? I really need to know, so that people won't judge me as being a white-trash mom.

1 comment:

  1. Is it Tanners? Or is it the Doubel Nickle? Either way, I'll suport you!

    ReplyDelete