Wednesday, September 21, 2011

What a Pinteresting Day...

Why, oh why, did I ask Emily what the hell Pinterest is? Half a dozen people had sent me shit from this site, and everytime I looked at Pinterest.com, my head started spinning. Literally spinning around on my neck, my eyes would bug out of my head like stretched out springs, and then my head would fall off my neck and slam into the keyboard. It was just too much stimuli for me to handle.

When Emily told me that she spent more time on Pinterest than Facebook, I knew that was the kiss of death. I don't have enough hours in the day for both. I thought I would check out Pinterest with the kind of skeptical disillusionment that usually accompanies my first experience at an over-hyped new trend.

Um. I was wrong. Somehow I am going to have to create like 6 more hours in the day. This is awesome. Its like a virtual vision board - or "liking" a whole lotta shit. You can create different boards and pin all sorts of crap to them. I am pretty sure I neglected my kid for like most of the night. Well, luckily she's been asleep. We are past that first few months of continual doting on my sleeping angel, sighing with contentment at how effing perfect she is. Now I try to use that time productively - facebook, browsing piperlime.com, and of course webmd.com (my foot hurts). Adding pinterest to that just really complicated a lot of stuff. Although it was really fun to make a board depicting my style...well...my style before I became a stay-at-home mom. I used to be decently semi-cute. I at least made an effort. My current style is a pair of baggy Theta sweatpants and usually a tee shirt - currently its my red periodic table of the elements shirt. Tomorrow it will probably be my Oregon State "Beaver Fever...Snatch It" shirt that I would like to be buried in.

Clayton is in Tuscaloosa, Alabama for a career fair. He's out having drinks with his coworkers that went too. Working hard. I guess I thought companies had HR people do the dirty work like this. WTF. I'm not pleased. Its a lot of work caring for a 6 month old and a dog the size of a ferret. That bastard has to pee like every 15 minutes. You don't get a 15 minute smoke break in the morning and afternoon, followed by a 60 minute lunch break. You get NO breaks. I'm a trooper - I can handle it from 7a-7p...But from 7a on Tuesday till 11p on Wednesday? If anybody needs me, I'll be in the garage...with the car running and the windows down...I'm totally joking and I know that's totally not funny. I think to even out the score, I will take him up on his passive-aggressive, insincere offer to watch the baby for the weekend of the Ohio State game so I can go on a bender with the girls in Lincoln - ummmm yes please.

Watched the premiere of Glee tonight. I don't know if it was the sound of my retarded dog barking at the falling leaves, the sound of my baby girl constantly spitting out her pacifier and then wanting me to put it back in her mouth, or a really dumb storyline, but I just could not get into it. I think Lea Michelle's faces when she sings are just painful to watch. And how she generates that one tear to fall perfectly on cue during the final note of every frickin song...like, why? She could be singing Bootylicious and she would still have that one sole crocodile tear roll down her face.

Speaking of shows that kind of sucked, watched Public Enemies the other night. I decided to give Clayton the opportunity to redeem himself after his failed attempt at picking a good movie for our anniversary. He picked Captain America - F*** Yeah! I think every guy in the theater got a hard on for this comic book movie with crazy (read: completely unbelievable and farfetched) special effects. Too bad we were at the theater on the Plaza, TSA searched my bag and confiscated the razor I was going to use to slit my wrists. That would never happen in Leawood. They don't have to employ TSA in movie theaters on the Kansas side. The riffraff tends to stay on the Mizzou side.

Well anyways, Public Enemies sucked also. I love Johnny Depp, and I love Christian Bale. I think the problem is that I would rather look at them than hear them act. It was slightly disturbing that Collins was in her Exersaucer, watching it also. And she was engrossed. Jaw slacked, eyes glued to the TV. I think we have a budding bank robber on our hands. If anyone needs ideas for Christmas gifts for Coco, I think Baby Einstein: Learning about Bank Heists would be the perfect gift.

1 comment: