Thursday, September 29, 2011

I have the diet of a six-year old...

If anyone follows this, its been a couple days since I last got my blog on. I haven't been feeling really well lately. I think I have a bug. I've just been physically and mentally exhausted and my stomach has been upset. I know what you are thinking, and the answer is an emphatic NO. I think it might have to do with six months of my body playing catch-up - not getting enough sleep, but being too tired to work out - combined with my diet of granola bars, toast and Diet Pepsi...although I did get spoiled this week with my delicious KC Chiefs birthday cookie cake purchased at 7pm on my birthday from Price Chopper. Yeah, my cookie cake did not say Happy Birthday - it said KC Chiefs. Festive.

The other day I got a wild hair up my ass (read: I got bored sitting at home and decided to go shopping) and went shopping for Halloween decorations. I got some really awesome stuff that I had to return 12 hours later due to the backlash from the Financial Gustapo. I shouldn't say that - my husband's frugality is going to make us millionaires in about 50 years. With me not working outside the home (notice the emphasis on "outside the home") I can't just go nuts at the mall, ya know? Necessities - sure that's understandable. But try convincing your husband that your $200 7 for All Mankind Rachel Zoe bellbottom jeans are a necessity.

*Sidenote- I did come up with a very compelling argument. An argument so compelling that he was left speechless and decided to let me keep them.

Unfortunately, I couldn't really come up with a convincing argument for why we needed the black crushed-velvet pillows with skeleton faces embroidered on them. I appreciate his fiscal responsibility, mostly because I don't have much myself, but I'm not too excited about finally being able to spend a lot of money on stuff I have always wanted when I'm senile. Somehow I don't think the entire J. Crew cashmere collection will look as good on me when I'm drooling and have my boobs tucked into my jeans.

Luckily we have all the Halloween decorations I bogarted from my mom last year, or we would have the sorriest decorations on the block.

Must go. The velociraptor beckons. By the way she is cutting her first tooth on the bottom left side...yesterday I could just feel it, and now I can see it coming up. Thank God I stopped nursing. She's already a dinosaur and a Vietnamese nail tech - I don't think I can handle vampire.

No comments:

Post a Comment