Saturday, November 19, 2011

Fighting the Plague

The Fox family has had our butts kicked by cold and flu season. Currently we are under quarantine, and our belongings are being burned in a controlled fire in the backyard. Just kidding. But seriously. It all started with the apple of our eyes, little Collins. It was the strangest thing. Clayton got home from San Antonio Tuesday night at 8. Shortly after he got home, I jumped in the shower (you're welcome, world) and Clayton put Collins down. She was perfectly fine, no symptoms, nothing. By the time I got out of the shower, she was screaming, her nose was running, she was all stuffed up and just miserable. That night she slept (I use that term loosely and ironically) in her bassinet, next to the bed.

Since then, Clayton and I have both gotten sick. Poor Clayton, he won't stop talking about it, either. Guys are so helpless and pitiful when they don't feel well. I feel so bad for him, but come on...just because my pain and sickness tolerance is exponentially higher than his doesn't mean I want to do everythinggggggggggggggg around here. When the sutures on your tonsilectomy open up and you start throwing up blood and have to be rushed to the hospital, let's talk about "not feeling well." When you spend an entire day tailgating for the Big 12 Championship game in Dallas while simultaneously pregnant and passing a kidney stone, then you can talk to me about not feeling good. When you didn't realize you were in labor and three hours later deliver a baby, doing crossword puzzles and napping in  between contractions, then we can talk about pain. When you pee out a metal sea urchin, come tell me about pain, alright?

But I am compassionate. I understand that pain is relative, so Clayton really does feel like crap, and he's certainly not one to complain so I'm going to try to make him feel as comfortable as possible. Collins seems to be feeling a lot better, but seeing as how colds in babies typically last 7-10 days, I'm trying to keep her away from other babies and kiddos so they don't get sick too. When Clayton got word this morning that OSU got beat by ISU, I thought his head was going to explode, leaving our entire house covered in a fine layer of phlegm.

Wanna come over?

No comments:

Post a Comment